The rugs in our collection are some of the highest quality rugs you’ll ever hope to find on U.S. soil.
And here’s why…
You see, these days, it takes mere seconds for Jeff (our co-founder) to spot a genuine Persian or Oriental rug.
It’s kind of like an instinct or second nature.
A feeling he gets when he first sets eyes on any rug he hasn’t seen before.
To know if a rug is what it appears to be.
⇒ ⇒ Genuine, authentic and of the highest quality.
But he doesn’t just rely on “gut feel” or intuition.
Over the last 23 years he has refined & improved a fail-safe system to guarantee every rug that reaches our showroom – ready for sale – passes his…
10 Point Inspection Process
So, what is entailed in this process?
1. Pattern & Color: we inspect the pattern and color looking for subtle details that tell us if it is – what it appears to be – and that everything matches as it should.
2. Materials: we inspect the materials, feeling for cotton, wool & silk. Different rugs have different combinations. Which affects the price.
3. Symmetry & Straightness: as much as possible for a hand-knotted, hand-made rug, is it straight and symmetrical.
4. Weave & Design: look closer at the weave and design to see if it matches the correct lineage of this rug type – to ensure authenticity.
5. Knot-Count: the higher the knots per square inch (KPSI) the more valuable it is. Count how many per sq inch.
6. Color Harmony: make sure there are no overpowering or unbalanced colors in one area of the rug vs another.
7. Abrash Inspection: ensure visible color variations, which happen over time are even and look good.
8. Quality Control: check for color fade, color-run, worn areas, damaged selvages & fringes.
9. Repair: if there is slight damage, can it be repaired? Has it been repaired? How does the repair look? We reject all repaired rugs.
10. Durability: inspect the thickness of the pile and tightness of the weave to ensure the rug can be professionally washed and be placed in a high-foot-traffic area.
Each rug is put through this rigorous & meticulous 10 Point Inspection Process.
The inspection takes a good amount of time, but is worth every minute of investment…
Guarantees you get a world class rug when you shop with us!